What is Scrawl Brawl?
“In war … let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.”
— Sun Tzu in The Art of War
Scrawl Brawl encapsulates the spirit of brief and successful battle through 100-word “battle to the death” story writing.
Consider these attributes when writing your Scrawl Brawl story:
- Power – Physical prowess, resilience, endurance, speed, agility, dexterity, accuracy, reflexes, strength
- Intelligence – Knowledge, problem solving, tactics, skills, trickiness
- Legend status – Backstory, deeds, renown, reputation, heroics, fame, infamy
- Personality – Charisma, seduction, crowd pleasing, bravery, gallantry, witty retorts or one liners
- Setting – Description, detail, originality, use of surroundings
- Weaponry – Uniqueness, usage, skill with weapon, attack style, innovativeness, defensive use
- Language Use – Creativity, word choice, language density, conciseness, poetics
- Sensory Details— Smell, touch, taste, sound, color, you know, the stuff that gets your senses tingling
- Story– Originality, plot development, complexity, twist, surprise
- Character– Originality, complexity, internal struggle, change, depth, physical description,
Scrawl Brawl stories must be top-notch writing and immaculately proofread. One spelling smudge, grammar glitch, or punctuation pockmark may spell instant death for a Scrawl Brawler. The Despot knows no mercy.